Friday, August 24, 2012

Vlog: Echoes of Pemberley by Cynthia Ingram Hensley


Echoes of Pemberley and the Taming of Catie Darcy

After coming home for the summer, Catie Darcy desires to enjoy the perfect, full-mooned summer night on her estate, however, she  is startled by an intruder.
Let’s discover who this person is and what happens.


Well, it appears horses will not be the only thoroughbred Mister Kelly tames this summer. And the way things are looking, I don’t think Miss Catie is going to make it easy for him.

Sound interesting? What are your thoughts?

I thought this was a great coming-of-age story. What are some other coming-of-age stories you have read and enjoyed? 

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you read that selection! Ooh, sounds like it's going to be an interesting summer between Mister Kelly and Miss Catie!

    The only coming of age story I can think of right now is the movie "Now and Then". Love that movie! I've been thinking about watching it again recently, which is probably why it popped into my mind first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Candy! Oh, that is a good movie. I have not seen it in ages. Hope you are able to watch it again soon!

      Delete
  2. This is definitely one of my most recent favorite coming-of-age stories! Love cheeky Sean Kelly and insolent Catie! Such a combo! Not sure if this is considered coming-of-age, but I love According to Jane by Marilyn Brant. And I love the whole Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series but that is non-Austen! :)

    Great excerpt, Jakki! Perfectly shows the tone of Catie and Sean's relationship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith! :) Oh, I too love According to Jane. I have never read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, but I hear it is pretty good. Maybe someday... ;)

      Delete
  3. Good job! I'm an 80's girl. Just put in any John Hughes movie, and I'm there. And...never put Baby in a corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh, Angie, I, too, love the 80's! Patrick Swayze was dreamy in that movie, wasn't he? ;)

      Delete