Services I offer:
When editing your manuscript, I will check for the following: *
- Consistency and continuity
- Organization: For example, shouldn’t we have had this information sooner? Or later?
- The story arc: Where is the arc? Does it arc?
- Intended word usage: Redundancy, descriptive words, proper word usage, for example, accept/except, etc.
- Basic grammar and punctuation
- Emotional appeal: How well does your story engage the reader emotionally?
Identify weak points
*I will conduct two readings of your manuscript. One reading will be for grammar and punctuation, and the second reading will focus on content, clarity, organization, consistency, etc.
What is required of the author?
If you are interested in seeking my services for your novel, please send me the following:
- Name and email address
- A 5-20 page sample of your document that I will use for a sample edit. This ensures we will be a good fit. It also provides you with an opportunity to see how I will edit your manuscript and communicate using the comment boxes. Note: I will not necessarily edit all 20 pages sent. This is just to give me a feel for you as a writer and you a feel for me as an editor.
- Word count for your manuscript
- Deadline date (are you working towards a deadline or are you flexible)?
- Please submit work in a Word document as I will be using the “Review” tab and comment section.
Yes. I have a detailed agreement that covers services I will offer, the cost and deadline date.
May I contact writers with whom you have previously worked?
Yes. I have recommendations on my page for you to view. If you would like further contact with any of these authors, please email me, and I will get you their contact information.
What is your turnaround time?Once I begin editing your manuscript, depending on its length and amount of editing needed, it will be anywhere between 2-4 weeks until I have finished editing and you receive my comments. I will email you once I start the editing process of your novel, providing an approximate date as to when you will receive your work back.
How much do you charge?
Pricing is decided based on the amount of editing required. A manuscript requiring only proofreading will cost less than a manuscript in which grammar and plotting errors must be addressed. I will use the document sample you send me to determine pricing. Payments will be made through PayPal.
I understand that this manuscript is your baby. You have toiled many months over it, making it the best work you can create. As stated in the agreement, I will keep all of your information secure and confidential.
Contact me at jakki36(at)yahoo(dot)com